About Me

My husband, Sid, and I both teach history in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Sid was awarded a Fulbright lectureship in Japan for the 2010-2011 academic year and so we are moving to Japan with our two (reluctant) boys. :)

Friday, August 13, 2010

So sad to think about leaving Hawaii

Today we are getting ready to send some more stuff to Japan and to send some things home that we will not need anymore.  It is is so sad to think about leaving here.

Yesterday we went to Wet n Wild.  My mean boys talked me into riding some things with them. On the Raging River they told me that there was a big drop so I was cowering and screaming the whole way (only to find that there was actually no drop--just a lot of swishing about in an inflatable boat). Then, we went on the Tornado, which they assured me was just like the Raging River. It was not.  There was a 60 foot drop which propelled us into a tornado-like funnel that took us up and down on the sides in before plunging into a pool of water.  It was terrifying. Sam, of course, just laughed.

Well, it's on to figuring out what to pack. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment