About Me

My husband, Sid, and I both teach history in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Sid was awarded a Fulbright lectureship in Japan for the 2010-2011 academic year and so we are moving to Japan with our two (reluctant) boys. :)

Friday, June 24, 2022

Trajan’s Market

Today, we kicked around Trajan’s Market in Rome. Sort of like the world’s first mall, this massive place housed about 150 shops. The architecture of the building is lovely. I was a little nervous on the high parts, looking down over the archeological ruins. I mean, the Romans were great builders, but the wall keeping me from falling down a million feet was 2000 years old!!!!

We also noticed while at the market that seagulls have overtaken Rome. They eat the other birds and are very aggressive. Our guide (later in the day) said they got used to having all the historical sites to themselves and now they want them back! It used to be cats in Rome, but now it's seagulls!!






No comments:

Post a Comment