About Me

My husband, Sid, and I both teach history in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Sid was awarded a Fulbright lectureship in Japan for the 2010-2011 academic year and so we are moving to Japan with our two (reluctant) boys. :)

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Leaving Japan and arriving home

Well, it has been a long time since my last post.  In mid-July Sam and I left Tokyo for Italy and then Turkey and then Oklahoma. From Oklahoma we (along with Graham and my brother--really my brother did all the driving) drove to North Carolina.  We have been back for weeks, but been busy with school and school and school!

Sam and I disregarded the "put all your electronic devices away" announcement on the plane in order to photograph our final view of Japan. It was a beautiful day--very, very hard to leave on such a day.  And our final view of the beautiful island of Honshu was spectacular. Here is Mount Fuji on a clear day from far above:




I will try to post a few photos from our journey home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment