About Me

My husband, Sid, and I both teach history in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Sid was awarded a Fulbright lectureship in Japan for the 2010-2011 academic year and so we are moving to Japan with our two (reluctant) boys. :)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Envelope Adventures

So, this is a post of frustration.  About two weeks ago, I got a couple of cards to send out to family in the US along with some little things like bookmarks.  I did not get many as everything is so expensive here and as nothing is more expensive than the postage to the US!!  At any rate, I had hoped to have these items mailed in time for Christmas, but I can't find envelopes.  I can't find envelopes anywhere!  I need a couple of those padded envelopes to mail things in, but there are none to be found. I have looked at convenience stores, card stores, department stores, grocery stores, even a Fed Ex shop.  Nobody sells them!  I once found some in the Loft a long time ago, but evidently the smaller Loft at Sunshine City does not sell them.  My envelope adventures--or envelope misadventures--sums up the frustration of living in Tokyo.  The things readily available at home are nowhere to be found here.  And, so you look and look and look and look and look.  Today I will make my way halfway across Tokyo to the bigger Loft and hope to find padded envelopes.  Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment